Monday, August 4, 2014

Procrastination Level: 0


I've now lived through an entire weekend without watching television. I mean...did any of you know that was even possible? I am quite sincerely agog...AGOG.

So here's my problem, though - all this time I've supposedly saved by not watching tv is really cutting into my personal procrastination goals. I love procrastination. I thrive by it. I am never more focused (panicked) and productive (scrambling) than when I've waited until the very last minute to get something done that should have been done days, weeks, or months before. I like to think that my best work is done when my adrenalin is high, my anxiety is soaring, and my fear of failure is real...very, very real.

Now, though, I have time to plan, prepare, and implement everything that I need to do. I have no distractions from projects, housework, fitness, communication, etc. These things will now be done calmly and with enough time to complete them in a satisfactory manner. Sigh. Not my ideal conditions, to say the least. So, basically everything else in my life is gonna go down the crapper - all because I stopped watching tv.
Let this be a lesson to children everywhere.

Will my brain even be able to learn lines if not frazzled by the 30 minute deadline before rehearsal? Will my house be able to fathom why I've spent so long carefully scrubbing all it's nooks and crannies - not skipping anything for lack of time? Will my dog die of over-exertion because of the sudden increase in walks? Will I cease to be adorably disorganized?! These are the worries that now plague my mind at night while I'm laying in bed - at a decent hour in silence because the tv is not on. Again.

#thestruggleisreal

No comments:

Post a Comment