Friday, August 1, 2014

Pull the Plug


I watch alot of tv. Like, ALOT.
I'm not proud of this, but I still do it. I watch it on purpose and for no reason at all. I watch it even when I don't want to watch it.
So, I'm going to try pulling the plug for a month. I'm going to try to not watch tv for all of August. I'm not going to go nuts about it - if someone posts a short video of something on Facebook, I'll probably watch it. I won't scream and run out of the room if I find a tv on somewhere. But I'm going to not turn it on for myself at home. I'll just find something else to do.
And, really, this could be awesome.
What will I do while I eat breakfast in the morning? Usually I watch The Tonight Show, recorded from the night before.
What will I do over my lunch? Usually I watch some sitcom saved on my DVR or whatever is on HGTV. No HGTV for a month!? breathe...holy crap.
And in the evening? I mean...wow. Maybe I'll cook. Or read all the books I've been meaning to get to. Maybe I'll go to bed at a decent time and be able to get up to go to the gym. Maybe I'll get RIPPED! Maybe I'll actually be off-book way before the specified "off-book" date for the shows I'm in. Maybe I'll learn at least one chord on the guitar I bought over a year ago and still haven't learned how to play.

Maybe I'll blog more.

When will I do all my snacking? And meal eating? And interneting? Will my couch miss me? It better.

But for real. I mean, wouldn't it be truly tragic if I got to old age - which, let's be honest, is not as far off as I'd like to think - and realized that I had not done so many things merely I wanted to find out if the couple on House Hunters bought the charming fixer-upper or the movin-in ready new construction?

Maybe I'm expecting more from this month than I should be. Maybe I'll fail and switch on the tv after one day. Maybe I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment