Wednesday, August 13, 2014

#SorryNotSorry

For info on movies in the park, click here.

Ok, so I slipped up a bit - twice. But let me explain, and I think you'll feel the same as I do - that it was totally understandable.

First, last Friday night, husband and I went to a movie in the park. Oh my word - so fun! It was the first time we'd ever done something like that, and we had a blast. I highly recommend it. It was at the Lake Harriet bandstand for a screening of Mars Attack. I had never seen Mars Attack (and it turns out I wasn't really missing much), but here's why I don't think it was really cheating that bad in not watching tv:
- I was not sitting on the couch in the house. I was sitting on a lawn chair outside on a beautiful summer night.
- I was not being unsocial. Because it was outside, Josh and I could still easily talk to each other quietly without bother the people around us. Also, there was just a general community feel throughout the park.
- I did something I've never done before. Part of the reason I decided to not watch t.v. was because, due to my introverted inclinations, I can easily talk myself out of going out to try new things and instead stay cozy in my home. This fallback plan generally includes watching t.v.

So, hopefully you have been nodding along with me as I've made my argument for watching a movie. Also, bonus point, it was free. So…I don't see how you could not be on my side here.

Second, since Monday, I have watched ALOT of YouTube videos of Robin Williams - clips of his movies, his standup comedy, tribute videos, etc. The world seems to be reeling from the tragic loss of this man, and I have been right there with everyone else. It's been a lot of screen time, but I don't care. Like most of us, I only knew him through the characters he played, but I've known those characters my whole life. Thank you for sharing your humor and heart with the world, Mr. Williams. Bangarang.


No comments:

Post a Comment